Find joy and inspiration (no matter where you are in your pregnancy) with these motivational pregnancy quotes and sayings!
Despite how amazing the journey of pregnancy is, every mother experiences the highs and lows. There’s no pregnancy manual, and sometimes you just need to be reminded that you’re enduring one the most incredible miracles a human ever could!
Looking for some encouragement, mama? Need an extra boost of motivation as you take on each new day?
Here are 28 pregnancy quotes to revive your happiness and remind you to enjoy all of your journey (yes…the good, bad, and the ugly). 🙂
Motivational Pregnancy Quotes
1. “Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” – Nikki Dalton
Is this ever true?! Some of the greatest things in life can only be obtained by the greatest amount of sacrifice. How much more for the human life?
Think about it. Every person that has ever lived was created through the pain and suffering of their mother. But joy definitely follows.
2. “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.” – Kate Douglas Wiggin
It may be hard to see and understand now, but we can find rest in knowing that God has a plan for our children. Even from the time they are small and still forming on our womb!
His divine plans are perfect and more amazing than we can ever imagine.
3. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat.” -Angelina Jolie
This is especially true once your belly starts to show. You get let off the hook in more ways since most people know better than to mess with the pregnant lady. 🙂
4. “Having kids feel like that first seventh-grade crush that overwhelms every molecule in your body, but it’s permanent.” – Kristen Bell
Feeling your baby’s kicks are amazing. But when you’re able to hold your baby in your arms for the first time, it literally takes your breath away.
I remember standing over my twins as they slept and just staring…in total awe. Even as they age, that feeling never really goes way. I can’t explain it. It’s spectacular.
5. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – Anonymous
Your whole life changes once you become a mother. And although it makes a profound impact on your body, clean house, and even your career, it’s opens new doors to personal growth. It wasn’t until after I had my twins that I began to see life with new eyes.
I had someone more than just myself and my hubby to live for. Two little helpless ones needed me more than I could know at the time. I began to think about our future and how I could build the best life for all of us.
6. “Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.” – Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
When it comes to pregnancy, sadly we often hear more grumbles and complaints coming from expectant mothers. Uplifting words of encouragement and thanksgiving are few and far between.
It certainly isn’t easy carrying a baby for nine months. But if we’re not careful, the close attention we give to our every pain and discomfort can drown out the beauty we can behold in that very same moment. Where will you place your focus?
7. “Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
I’ve sometimes wondered how much we (as women) would value human life if we didn’t have to endure 9 months of carrying our babies.
If the stork really did drop off babies on our doorstep, would we even have the bond we have with our children? Looking beyond the pain, I can only hope you’ll see how blessed you are to experience pregnancy and childbirth.
8. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.” – Holly Madison
It wasn’t until after I had my twins that I started to consider building a business I could do from home. After my maternity leave, I really didn’t want to leave them to go back to work.
It was like my whole vision for our family changed. And you know what? I hadn’t planned for it. My twins were my motivation to push forward and be successful in every area of my life.
9. “Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness, and light into our lives.” – Kartini Diapari-Oengider
The beauty of being a mother is that there is a real balance between the hardships and the laughter and joy. You don’t have to look hard to find happiness each and every day.
If you have more than one child…you’re blessed all the more!
10. “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.” – Jayne Mansfield
Even if a man wanted to, childbearing is a gift that only women can experience. Don’t count it as a curse, mama! It’s such a rewarding experience indeed. It’s all about how you look at it.
11. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
Some people unfortunately see babies as an inconvenience. They even go as far as to blame parents for bringing more children into the world.
Risky as it is, if God still says yes…then who are we to dictate who should let more children in?
12. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” – Tina Brown
New life is always something to be celebrated. It brings even more joy when you can experience it with your husband.
Even the late night feedings and diaper changes (hard as they are) can strengthen your bond with your baby and husband. That’s if he gets up with you in the middle of the night. 🙂
13. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” – Joyce Armor
Some mothers call them “warrior marks”. I like that. Never mind the celebrities who flaunt their “flawless” postpartum bodies. There’s nothing wrong with trying to prevent stretch marks. But if they appear, welcome them! Don’t let society get in your head and lie to you about your beauty.
Stretch marks are just reminders of what you’ve endured to bring forth a precious human life.
14. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Author Unknown
We tend to think we’re full of love and pretty unselfish until we become mothers. But having a baby strips us of selfishness and fills our hearts with love more and more.
15. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man. – Rabindranath Tagore
No matter how far humanity has fallen, God gives us hope. Babies are God sent. They remind us that God has a perfect plan. Although we are undeserving, we as mothers still get to witness and partake in a gigantic miracle.
16. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
Women have been having babies since the beginning of time. Isn’t it amazing how the media can make such light of this experience? Pregnancy is a pivotal time in any woman’s life and is never common (no matter how many pregnancies she has).
Women are never the same after pregnancy and childbirth. Everything about a mother is always changing!
17. “It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.” ― Author Unknown
Believe me when I say…this is absolutely true! Just as much as twins are a lot of work, the joy and payoff is just as great!
18. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
Some people joke that they can’t wait to kick out their child the moment they turn 18. Not me! Not only do I want to cherish every moment I can with my children, but them turning 18 doesn’t stop me from being their mother until they die.
I hope that as they age, our bond will never grow thin.
19. “The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her, but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.” ― C. JoyBell C.
So many mothers (including myself) have felt discouraged for not handling life’s challenges perfectly. We all know perfect doesn’t exist. Yet why are we so quick to tear ourselves to shreds when we think we could or should have been just a little bit better?
Why do we compare ourselves to other mothers that make motherhood look like a cakewalk?
That’s why I love this quote! It’s more about not allowing life’s trials to keep you down (not get you down!). We all have it hard. But it is a choice to refuse to let the hardships you face keep you where you don’t want to be.
20. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
Sometimes we don’t see our own strength until months, or even years after the intensity of the fierce battle. Nevertheless, you are stronger than you know, mama! Rejoice when you come through it. Even if it was crawling and crying!
21. The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
It may take years to strip away your inner goal to be the perfect mom. Once you realize she doesn’t exist, you can find rest and peace. Trying to be a perfect mom is like trying to play God.
You’re not going to have massive amounts of energy everyday. You may have to throw a pizza in the oven a couple of times a week or ask grandma or hubby to help your child with their homework.
You may have to miss your child’s sport event to lay in bed for a few hours to get much needed rest. Yep, I said it! You will never be able to do “it all”. It’s okay because you were not meant to! Taking care of YOU first is the key to being a good mother.
22. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” – Maureen Hawkins
There’s nothing like a mother’s love. It brings a love out of you that you never thought you could have towards another human.
23. “What if I fail?” “Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
Being 100% responsible for a helpless human being can be overwhelming. What if you make a grave mistake that scars the child for life?
No woman that transitions into motherhood has prior experience being a mom.
Rather than focus on the negative things that can go wrong, let your imagination run wild thinking about all the wonderful things your child can become. What type of an impact will they have in this world?
24. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear.” –Jane Weideman
Birthing a child is a miracle! Somehow there seems to be more praise given to those who have graduated from college or traveled the world. Don’t let anyone convince you that being “just a mother” is not more amazing.
If we had no mothers, where would we all be?
25. Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life. – Judy Ford
Motherhood has helped me to realize that I am not in control of anything. I could spend my days worrying about big and small things in my life, but I have come to see that life itself is something greater than what is in my control.
26. Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same. – Catherine Jones
It can be tempting to live life in the past. What could have been…?
But I’ve realized that motherhood is a constant growth process. Rather than fight it, welcome it. Not only is the birth of your baby a huge transition, but the rest of your life is as well.
27. “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, “Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.” – Connie Fioretto
This is so true! Motherhood lasts a lifetime. I believe that every mother has this moment when they think this to themselves. But it doesn’t happen just once. It happens frequently for the rest of your life.
28. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” – Erma Bombeck
You may or not see how it’s possible to cherish every moment of your pregnancy. Sometimes pregnancy can be so tough that you wonder if you’ll ever make it through.
Just remember the saying “from every thorn comes a rose, and from every rose come a thorn”. For every hardship you face throughout your pregnancy, look for your rose.
Delight in the beauty of experiencing your unique pregnancy.
You’re Amazing Mama!
It’s a wonderful thing when we can witness a miracle right in front of us! We can easily perceive miracles as those rare things that only happen to other people.
But the truth is, they happen every day to you and your baby! Is there anything that comes close to the life of another little human forming inside of a woman? How incredible?! There’s nothing like it.
The pain and hardships are a small price to pay in exchange for the gift of motherhood you’ll experience for the rest of your life, mama.
Hang in there and remember that as time goes on, your loving sacrifices and endurance will only make you a better person.
Over to you now. What pregnancy motivational quotes and sayings do you love that weren’t in this post? Did you have a favorite from the list above? Share with us in the comments below!
Remember to pin me!